Spring 2018 Workshop Meeting Dates
In the spring, classes meet almost every week during the semester-long program. Regular class meetings take place on either THURSDAY or FRIDAY depending on the section in which you register. Participants will also sign-up for (2) 1.5-hour microteaching sessions. These small group teaching presentations will run separately from regular class meetings and will be coordinated within each section. An intensive three-week program format is offered during the Summer Session.
SPRING 2018 Program Meeting Dates:
- TH:2/8 or F:2/9 / Session 1: Designing a Course and Constructing a Syllabus
- TH:2/15 or F:2/16 / Session 2: Planning and Facilitating a Class Session
- 1st (of 2) Videorecorded Microteaching Session / Scheduled between Feb 20 and March 2 (no TH or F classes those weeks)
- TH:3/8 or F:3/9 / Session 3: Students as Learners, You as Teacher
- TH:3/15 or F:3/16 / Session 4: Interactive Teaching & Active Learning
- TH:3/22 or F:3/23 / Session 5: Constructing Effective Assignments, Problem Sets & Exam Questions
- Week of March 26-30 -- MIT Spring Break - NO regular class meetings
- TH:4/5 or F:4/6 / Session 6: Teaching Inclusively
- TH:4/12 or F:4/13 / Session 7A: Teaching Philosophy Statement (1st-hr of class ONLY)
- 2nd Videorecorded Microteaching Session / Scheduled between March 26 and April 20
- TH:4/26 or F:4/27 / Session 7B: Microteaching Review and Program Wrap-up (1st hour of class ONLY)
SPRING 2018 Section Meeting Times:
THURSDAY Section Meeting Times: (all 7 classes will meet on THURSDAYS)
Section 1 – Meeting time: 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (for NON-sci/engg majors only)
Section 2 – Meeting time: 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Section 3 – Meeting time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Section 4 – Meeting time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
FRIDAY Section Meeting Times: (all 7 classes will meet on FRIDAYS)
Section 5 – Meeting time: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Section 6 – Meeting time: 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.