We partner with MIT educators, staff, and administrators to create an educational environment where students are academically challenged, actively engaged, and personally supported.
Our experts in teaching, learning, research, and evaluation achieve our mission and the strategic priorities of the Office of the Vice Chancellor by:
- sharing research-based strategies for lesson, subject, and program design and development.
- educating others about student-centered pedagogies.
- collaborating and consulting with MIT educators to brainstorm opportunities and solutions for their teaching context.
- collecting data through the evaluation of educational innovations and assessment of student outcomes to provide constructive, practical, and informative feedback to educators.
Our work in 2019-2020 has included:
- proactive pursuit of projects that support and enhance the foundational undergraduate experience (especially in 1st year)
- collaborative development, support, and assessment of academic advising
- collaborative creation, support, and assessment of graduate student professional development opportunities around teaching and learning
- support of diversity, inclusion, and academic well-being across educational experiences at MIT
- informing of policy decisions that impact the educational experiences of undergraduate and graduate students at MIT