What to Expect
The Research and Evaluation (R&E) team at TLL works one-on-one with MIT faculty and staff across the Institute to support data-informed decision-making about educational issues and pedagogical practices.
If you would like to work with one of our R&E experts, we can:
- Help you develop purposeful, measurable research questions and objectives.
- Design a study to help you address your research questions and objectives.
- Collect and organize pertinent data.
- Analyze the data using relevant analytic approaches.
- Interpret the findings to guide your decision-making.
- Share the findings with relevant stakeholders, if appropriate.
Is a Consultation Right for Your Project?
We typically consult on projects with MIT faculty and staff when:
- We have sufficient lead time (at least two weeks).
- You would like us to help you develop concrete goals or research questions.
- TLL staff would have well-defined roles in the project.
- The project is focused on MIT’s educational mission.
- The project has the potential to build capacity for assessment and evaluation at MIT.
- The work requested requires the skill or expertise of experienced R&E staff.
If any of the above criteria apply to you or your project, or you’re not quite sure, please reach out! Please complete the form below, and an R&E team member will contact you within two business days.