The goal of the annual TLL Speakers Series is to disseminate evidence-based teaching practices to the MIT community of faculty, instructors, staff, and students.
Reigniting the Spark of Learning
TLL’s 2022-23 Speaker Series will address a variety of topics related to promoting meaningful student learning amidst student and instructor stress, fatigue, and ennui. Speakers will discuss:
- strategies and insights for reigniting the spark of learning by supporting well-being and belonging;
- creating a sense of purpose for students;
- and examining how our misconceptions about rigor may actually exacerbate stress and fatigue, and undermine deep learning.
Save the Date!
The 2021 – 2022 TLL Speaker Series focused on how MIT educators can inclusively support students across the institute, whether they learn remotely or in person. Speakers discussed:
- shared insights gained through navigating the unique challenges that the pandemic has placed on students and the teaching community;
- highlighted the pedagogical principles underlying their insights and practices.
The content of each talk of this series, and previous years’ talks are summarized in the following articles, most of which include embedded recordings and additional resources.