Our Research & Evaluation (R&E) team conducts a broad range of rigorous educational research and evaluation studies to enhance the academic student experience at MIT.
We work one-on-one with MIT faculty and staff across the Institute to support data-informed decision making about educational issues and pedagogical practices. If you would like to work with one of our R&E experts, we can:
- Help you develop purposeful, measurable research questions and objectives.
- Design a study to help you address your research questions and objectives.
- Collect and organize pertinent data.
- Analyze the data using relevant analytic approaches.
- Interpret the findings to guide your decision making.
- Share the findings with relevant stakeholders, if appropriate.
To learn about assessment, evaluation, and research (and the differences between them), check out our Research & Evaluation FAQs.
In addition to working with individual faculty and staff members to evaluate specific educational practices, our R&E team also conducts research on a wide variety of issues affecting the academic experience at MIT. Visit our About page to view examples of our recent work.